Friday, January 11, 2008

s_P_ace

Push. Pull. Tug. Twist. Pinch. Punch.
(yeah and starbucks tells me 25th Jan is people Power day! Thought i'd pass that info on!)
Yeah so anyway...where was I?
hmm yeah...
Push. Pull. Tug. Twist. Pinch. Punch.
Phew!
Your in.
Ever heard of ‘sardines in a can’?! Well it takes on a new meaning for me every time I enter the 8.59am fast local.
Yes it’s evident by now…I am a Bombayite! The title is thrust upon me by a city that knows no better than to thrust. (tsk tsk…your mind is almost as filthy as the city's gutters!)
If you are standing…you are in the way. If you are sitting…you are in the way. If you are walking…well guess what…you’re still in the way! If you are running you just might make it.



I’m lucky I work at a graphic design studio. Yeah we aren’t almost half as caught up dress codes as other offices. So if my clothes get a beating (sorry ironing!) in the train…I can very well masquerade around the studio, as a style icon, flaunting my latest ‘artsy’ ensemble! Eat your heart out prisoners of the corporate dress code (read as my housemates!) For those of you who don't know...umm...they work for a bank! Ok so I am sleeping on the couch today...or whenever it is that they read this blog.
Now that I have come to terms with that fact...
honestly, I love the city. It gave me the opportunity to step into it (however tough it is to find a footstep of space!) It gave me the place I call my studio. Go in each day…pretend its work…when I am actually getting paid to do what I love…day after day after day. Bombay is the only city in the world that holds no pretence. It gives you exactly what you take from it! It’s unpredictable. It will mirror your mood…moment for moment. Eg:- your angry and hostile…well guess what…someone on the sidewalk will hit against you and bustle away!
You’re happeeee…a construction site workers kid on the corner smiles right back at you.
You’re late for work…yup the local trains are running late too…and yeah the taxi guy won’t budge either. Why? He has no space to move. His taxi. Its called a traffic jam!
But b.b.y I sure love b.om.b.a.y!!

1 comment:

Sagar said...

People Power Day = Commemoration of the EDSA Revolution in the Philippines. Google it to know more.