Thursday, May 15, 2008

Swiss Army Knives n Sweet Escapes!


You know I’ve been wondering about the status of Switzerland…you know on wars…the whole...”we ‘re neutral”…”we make chocolates n cheese, not war”!
Well of course you don’t!! You can’t do much with a swiss army knife now can you??!! I mean that thing’s not even a half decent weapon!! So what were they expecting…to actually scare people off with the little forceps…n the ever so cleverly hidden toothpick??! Ooh…n if I’m not careful now, they might just get me with the teensey-weensey excuse for a pair of scissors! Not to miss how the airlines security still manages to put them away like they’re the most life threatening device conceived by man! And for that matter any other unsuspecting/innocent piece of ‘weaponry’ I carry in my handbag!
Yeah, you can’t miss the expression on the security lady when she pulls that little tweezer out of my bag…n breaks the better part of my nail cutter right off!! She looks she’s going straight for airline security wall of fame!
But the Swiss…aaahh you gotta hand it to them…after all they came up with the Swiss chocolates n the Swatches.
Although the Swatch watch that I own might be a real attempt at Swiss weaponry manufacturing…coz every time I try to take that time piece off my wrist it’s iron strap lock attempts to rip my right fingernail right out of its socket!

Oh but the chocolates…they’re my reason for living….remember childhood…running around with the sole purpose of “get chocolate”! I mean if you make a friend..it’s coz he or she has chocolate. Lot’s of it n the crazy bloke’s ready to share it with you! (some kids are so dumb…”Yeah my Uncle’s come down from Switzerland…he lost his army knife at security check but he’s got the chocolates…I’ll share them with you!”) If I got up every morning it was with the sole promise of chocolate and then I was upgraded from Cadburys to Swiss…n life has never been the same. In fact I like to think of chocolate as life’s ‘sweet escape’!! (certainly was for the Swiss anybody messes with them n they get them hooked on chocolate…”u want any more of that stuff n u better be behaving ur self now isn’t it!!”)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog......... very nice

Anonymous said...

nice blog......... very nice

Beena said...

the army knife is scary.. cant imagine all those small knifes and accessories were contained in such a small one..
take care
BS

Bombayana said...

Forget the knife... just thank them for Toblerone!

vincentsunder said...

:) Welcome back, and hope you have banished the block for good! I need to do that myself.

BIG Omi said...

Heya ,

Hmmm.. they are so fundoo, imean the swiss army knives.. its somethin guys cant miss upon... and damn chocolates .. i have had tonnes of them.. every time someones hitting mumbai, they gotto bring some of them for me... u wont believe , but chockies from US are equally good... well not equally but relatively good...
Gosh.. now i need one...
Bye and keep updating about ur post...

Whassup wid ya these days? hows ur ad direction thingie going on..

Ciyao...
Tc.
Omi

mudit said...

entertaining post...
Swiss Army Knife - does swiss army uses it?
like when they go for war, if ever they would, all carries army knife...
during the course, they cud do their nails, use bottle opener, magnifying glass and all helluva stuff there!

BIG Omi said...

Oye.. where are u?? dedicated a post to missing ppl like you... do red it..
Tc.
omi