Thursday, March 27, 2008

maybe dogs can drive?

My brother in law recently discovered his driving license wasn’t as up to date as he or the traffic policeman, who caught him, would have liked it to be. The event of the expired license has him now prepping for his driving test.
The topic had me thinking…why these tests are more often than not considered a drag.
Well first of all for most of us superior intellect (or so we like to presume) individuals when there’s someone honking in the rear…or generally making a nuisance of themselves on the road we usually look into the rear view mirror thinking…



ASS!

Add to that the numerous mundane…
And perhaps not so mundane ...see below (I mean seriously what the hell does this road sign mean anyway??!! “Slow down…jack the ripper’s takin his overgrown kid to school??”)
road signs.

I like the idea of clear signs that are easy to interpret. Like these for example…


Now since we are on the topic of road signs…this one I find particularly helpful for all those expressways in India trying (in vain) to keep the non-four wheeler schmuck off!

Some signs perhaps when I am driving past...really fast (I swear I’m not rhyming on purpose!) I could misread…

wrong way???

But when it comes to signs….some basic ones really do the trick…



??? I mean what was this guy thinking?? That’s some high expectations from bulls! I mean first you expect them to read…n then also to keep out!?

All said and done I think this young enthusiasts being a little too hopeful if he thinks he’s about to get through a driving test…but then if bulls can read then maybe dogs can drive!

6 comments:

BIG Omi said...

Nice post... i will comment later..
Omi

BIG Omi said...

Smita,

Good playwork of signs and words.
In India laws are not that stringent. But they pretend to be when you break any of the signals. :P

You actually reminded me of the days when i first laid my hands on Bike and got caught as each and every signal post.

:P

Thanks for the comment.
Tc.

(Dated till- Dogs can drive :P)
Best Regards,
Omi
:)

BIG Omi said...

Are you working with an Advertisement agency...
Just saw in your profile that you an Art director.

Beena said...

beautiful pics.. and good imagination.
keep it up
BS

durjoy datta said...

"I mean what was this guy thinking?? That’s some high expectations from bulls! I mean first you expect them to read…n then also to keep out!?"

*rolls over laughing*

vincentsunder said...

Simply superb!! Loved the creativity, the pics and the flow of expression!!

:)